Monday, March 21, 2011

Captivate in Elevators

Does Captivate in Elevators Make Sense?


Yes.

This is a great idea right? Captivate figured out that they have the attention of an audience in an elevator. There's no getting around not looking at that screen. Those awkward moments when you don't want to make eye contact with the creepy person that just got in the elevator or when you simply just want to zone off and stare blankly but not be judged by your co-workers.

Awesome - completely makes sense. Where are they missing the boat?

I love that I can get my random facts or news briefs or even a recipe or weather update.... but you know what would really make my day? Give me something that will  make my commute home better. Like a traffic visual of congestion and alternate solution. That way I know to avoid the Pike and take those backroads home or to call a friend and have a drink and get home at the same time that I would have if I sat in traffic.

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I think there are/were other networks that used to have local traffic conditions. I couldn't find anything online, but you're absolutely correct.

    Also, their website is atrocious, so I smell opportunity.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard from the folks over at Captivate that they are incorporating traffic updates today! Good work Captivate!

    ReplyDelete